It is interesting to see the rise in the use of ceramic cookware and customers are certainly choosing it over the other forms of non-stick equipment. It is seen as a healthy way to cook, and when priced correctly, will be a good buy. The Initiatives brand has produced a set of 14 pans and this will be plenty for even the most ardent cook. It is well worth trying out these pans as others have done so and been successful.
Initiatives 14 Piece Non-Stick Ceramic Coating Cookware Set
The 14-piece set is made up of the following items:
- 11 inch frying pan
- Lid for pan
- 5 inch frying pan
- 2-quart pan
- Lid for pan
- 1-quart pan
- Lid for pan
- 5-quart Dutch Oven
- Lid for Dutch Oven
- 1 Egg Wonder
- 4 Nylon tools
A major asset is the fact that the ceramic interior cleans easily and is stain resistant. It is also scratch resistant but it is still advisable to use the nylon tools provided. It will be hard to find cooking utensils that have a more durable coating. Healthy cooking is promoted as there is less need for oils and fats to be used thanks to the non-stick interior. This interior is of the highest quality.
When using these pans, heat is going to be distributed evenly thanks to the aluminium which is heavy gauge. As well as this, the pans are Cadmium-free, PFOA-free and PTFE-free.
Induction is the only method of cooking that should not be carried out using these pans. The surface is likely to reach heats of up to 700 degrees F and will be safe to put in an oven that has reached 350 degrees F. Cleaning is easy as the pans can be put into the dishwasher.
Should you Buy Initiatives Non-Stick Ceramic Coating Cookware Set?
- The price – The cost is a big plus at the moment as it will be hard to get pans even nearly as effective for the price. Amazon are currently selling all 14 pieces for $53.99.
- Cooking capabilities – Food will be adequately cooked even when low to moderate heat is being used. Nylon, coated, and wooden utensils are fine to use, but meta ones should be avoided. Shredded cheese has been cooked and no stains were left and even chicken that is cooked in sauce has slid out without a hint of burning.
- Non-stick – Food will not stick to the pan even when the minimum of oil or fat has been used. Such is the standard that the manufacture of the pans has reached, it will just take hot water and a cloth to clean the pan. That said, they can be put into the dishwasher.
- Handles – While the pans are fine in the oven, the handles should be kept out. As they are made of plastic they are likely to get damaged.
- Oils and sprays – It will be best not to use aerosol cooking spray. There is only a little oil needed, but this type must be avoided.
- Cleaning – There are concerns that stain will not come off if the pan is not cleaned right away after use. Some users have mentioned yellow stains that have not gone, but this is just when the pans have been left unclean.
For such lightweight pans, they are incredibly durable and the handles do not work their way loose unlike any other pans on the market. It has been noted that the spatulas are too big for the egg pan, so although two are provided, it may be necessary to get a smaller one if fried eggs or omelets are required. It needs to be noted that the pans should not be used at high heat, as although the insides are easy to clean, the outsides tend to burn and not go back to their initial pristine condition.
There have been complaints from some quarters that there have been chips on some pans, but this does not appear to be a widespread problem. As a result of this and the fact that the handles cannot be put inside the oven, it will be hard to say that these are top of the range pans. They are good, but there are enough small issue to stop them being considered the best.